- Oro Atua Taonga Puoro- An Indigenous Maori Sound Healing – Sunday 23 February 2020, 6:30-8:00pm
- Sound Healing Meditation with Gongs, Tibetan Bowls & Chakra Chimes – Friday 28 February 2020, 7-8pm
- OM Chanting Saturday 7th March 2020, 6:30pm – 7:30pm
- Sound Healing Meditation with Gongs & Didgeridoo – Tuesday 17 March 2020, 7:30- 8:30pm
- iRest Meditation Workshop Sunday 29 March 2020, 11:00am-1:00pm
(See below for more details!)
EVENT: Oro Atua Taonga Puoro- An Indigenous Maori Sound Healing – Sunday 23 February 2020, 6:30 – 8:00pm
You’re invited to join us and experience the mysterious and spiritual sounds of traditional Maori sound healing by the International Grammy award winning Maori instrument specialist – Jerome Kavanagh (Poutama).
If you missed out on previous sessions, now is your chance to experience this magical evening by contacting Sharryn on 0412 883 373 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Jerome’s sessions at Tara Yoga ALWAYS book out so don’t leave it too late to secure your place.
About Jerome & his music:-
Taonga Puoro – Traditional Maori musical instrument(s reflect the sound of our natural environment from the mountains, rivers, land to the sea. Our ancestors used these instruments in days gone by as tools to heal and promote a healthy body, mind and spirit. Taonga Puoro holds the vibration of the natural world and when played this vibration resonates within us and helps to reconnect to the intelligence and power of nature.
Experience Jeromes collection of around 40 unique and rare Maori musical instruments from the Nguru- Whales tooth nose flute to the Porutu Pounamu- Greenstone long flute.The Koauau Toroa , albatross wing bone flute to the unique Putorino a cocoon shaped trumpet flute made from the mighty totara tree. These beautiful sounds allow for a journey into self, by creating a safe and nurturing space . In a fast paced busy world Oro Atua gives us an opportunity for reflection and self healing through vibrational power of natures sound.
To checkout more about Jerome : www.jeromekavanagh.com
$35 secures your place. Contact Sharryn on 0412 883 373 or email@example.com. Limited spaces available – be quick so you don’t miss out.
EVENT: Sound Healing Meditation with Gongs, Tibetan Bowls & Chakra Chimes – Friday 28 February 2020, 7-8pm
The perfect start to the weekend, allowing the body and mind to deeply relax as you flow with the different sounds around you.
A time to move into deep inner stillness and connection.
Mats are supplied, limited places.
Your investment for this blissful event is $25 and payment will secure your place.
Session provided by Michelle of Harmony Gongs.
EVENT: OM Chanting – Saturday 7th March 2020, 6:30pm – 7:30pm
You are invited to a free event (for adults) at Tara Yoga Studio.
OM Chanting is open to everyone and bookings are ESSENTIAL to secure your place. To book: contact Sharryn either by PM or email firstname.lastname@example.org or 0412 883 373. If you can’t make it on the day PLEASE let us know as the two circles are created for the exact number of people attending, thank you.
• OM Chanting requires no previous experience.
• OM Chanting is not a faith-based practise but all faiths are welcomed, as well as those who have no interest in spirituality.
• The only requirement is that you are able to sit and repeatedly chant OM for the entire circle time (30 mins), done so at your own volume, pace and tone – you do not have to OM in tune!
• You can sit in a chair or on the ground – whatever is most comfortable for you. Chairs + bolsters will be provided at the venue. However to ensure we cater appropriately, can you please confirm at the time of booking.
• This practice is not recommended for those who have a history of serious mental illness or anyone under the influence of alcohol or recreational drugs.
• A ‘Blessing Box’ is present in every circle, where you are invited to place the names of those who need healing support into the box. Please bring the written names of those who need healing support, on a piece of paper, ready to place in the box.
• It is important to practice OM Chanting with a blessed Facilitator present. Only those who have been blessed by Paramahamsa Vishwananda can call upon the Masters to help transform the negativity that is released during practice. Know that this OM chant will be facilitated by a blessed Facilitator: Gabriele Clark.
Please allow 1 to 1.5 hours for the whole event, however know that you will only be actually OM-ing during a 30 minute period. This experience is to bring about a healing not only for yourself, but for those in the group and for Mother Earth. What happens as we chant OM and sit in geometric circles; is that a vortex of positive energy is created. This has been reported to radiate outward to a distance of approximately 2kms… so actually, this practice not only directly benefits the people present, but the community within this 2km radius too.
Swami Vishwananda has written that the moment people start to chant OM together in the OM chanting circle, their own vibration is transformed into OM, being known to be cosmic sound. Whoever is inside the circles is showered with this energy and that is what changes the vibration of the body.
You may have noticed that the scheduled date of this OM Chant is in alignment with a Full Moon. The reason why OM chanting on a Full Moon is even more powerful is that when a full moon occurs, the level of seas and oceans rises. As our body itself is made up of approximately 65% of water, the full moon has a deep effect on our body, mind and emotions. This is the reason why some people feel restless during a full moon… but a full moon can help us in uplifting our spiritual vibrations. Its intense energies have the power to heal. In more than 50 countries around the world, people gather on every full moon and chant OM with the intention to bring harmony into the world. Since the full moon has the power to amplify all energies, it also has the power to amplify our positive intentions, and bring more healing, harmony and positive vibrations into our lives. Each full moon OM chanting experience is unique and profound. Join us this full moon and experience it yourself. ‘You decide the vibrations you want to live in’ – Swami Vishwananda
We do hope you can join us for a beautiful OM bath!
Love Sharryn + Gabriele xx
EVENT: Sound Healing Meditation with Gongs & Didgeridoo – Tuesday 17 March 2020, 7:30 -8:30pm
Experience the two ancient sounds of the Gongs and Didgeridoo.
Both instruments flow, combine and resonate beautifully together to take you on a journey of sound, energy and vibration.
A short guided meditation helps to settle the mind as you spend the rest of the session listening and drifting with the different sounds around you.
Come and experience the magic and the opportunity to move into your own inner world of stillness.
This session is provided by Michelle from Harmony Gongs on Gongs and Darren Button on Didgeridoo.
Mats, cushions, bolsters & blankets are supplied.
EVENT: iRest Meditation Workshop – Sunday 29 March 2020, 11:00am-1:00pm
Join Sandy Walker (Certified iRest Teacher) at Tara Yoga, 3/16 Comserv Loop, Ellenbook on Sunday 15 March 2020 for this 2 hour iRest Workshop in which the iRest Concepts will be explained, you’ll enjoy a short asana (posture) practice and a beautiful long iRest practice.
Based on the ancient teachings of meditation, iRest is an evidence-based mind-body approach that is the result of thirty years of observation, research and hands-on development by Dr. Richard Miller and associates. Its practice is integrative as it heals the various unresolved issues and traumas that are present in your body and mind, and restorative as it enables you to recognize your innate peace of mind that is always present amidst all changing circumstances of life. iRest provides you with tools to help you relax deeply, release stress, increase resiliency and improve your interpersonal relationships. iRest nourishes essential qualities such as joy, peacefulness, empathy, forgiveness, patience and lovingkindness toward yourself and others. People who practice iRest report:
- Reduced depression, fear and anxiety
- Reduced insomnia and levels of stress
- Reduced chronic and acute pain
- Greater ability to relax and enjoy life
- Improved interpersonal relations
- Increased inner peace and well-being
Cost is $50 which is payable before the workshop. You can make your payment by bank transfer to – Bank Acc No: 225210 BSB: 036237 or in cash to Sharryn at Tara Yoga. If paying by bank transfer please put your name and “TYM” in the description box.
Please contact Sandy at email@example.com or on 0416 092 626 if you would like more information.